Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Introduction to A Study of the Preparation of Esther

Two years ago I woke up one night with a strong urge to read and study the Book of Esther, immediately. I did, and it was so rewarding. I feel impressed to share with you what I found, and I also will be studying and sharing more, as I am sure there is much more to be found.

Before we get into to the study, I want to explain a couple of things, including why we should be interested.

  • First of all, when we go to the Word of God, we must come expectantly, and in an attitude of utter dependance on The Holy Spirit. John 14:26 "But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you." Amplified Bible.
  • Secondly, the Word is meant to be considered as layer, upon layer of meaning. Considering we can trust The Holy Spirit to teach us, and there are so many layers to the Word, I ask you to be open to the possibilities that Esther is a picture of several things in the eyes of students of the Word. But, for this study, I want to focus on Esther as picture or a "type" of the Body of Christ corporately and individually, as we who make up the Body of Christ.

The first part is a little studious, but if you will trust God to guide and be willing to press through, it is more enlightening and uplifting on the other side of the studious part. If you hang in there, I don't think you will be disappointed. As I learn how to bring my documents over from Word and adapt them for blog enjoyment, I expect to learn how to make it more fun and easy to read. So, pray for me, to get better at this, and I will pray for you to get all the richness of His Word you desire!

No comments: